– on Mac, with Google Chrome
– to mount APFS drives on OS’ up to El Capitan
If you have a Mac with MacOS X up to El Capitan (OSX 11), you can neither access APFS-formatted external drives, nor connect to a Mac in Target mode formatted as such. If your OS-harddrive is formatted as HFS+, you can only mount, read and write to other HFS+ disks. Continue reading “APFS Retrofit Kit For MacOs”
How to extract images from Google Chrome’s cache, since Chrome for what ever reason turned off that option following v.63 of the browser
(Pray tell, if you find an app to do this better and easier)
- Find a version of Chrome prior to v.63
- Open the old Chrome browser, and let it complain about not being able to use [yada yada] a newer profile (doesn’t matter – you don’t need to worry)
- Install the Chrome plugin “Download All Images” – it places a small icon next to the link field. You can pretty much leave the settings of the plugin as they are. Maybe rename the ZIP file name under “save in” for clarity.
(the chrome plugin Download All Images https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/download-all-images/nnffbdeachhbpfapjklmpnmjcgamcdmm?hl=en ) Continue reading “How to extract images from Google Chrome’s cache”
the installers for OSX and MacOS that you can never find
Your old installers do not work. Yes, the ones you saved for when you would need to downgrade purchases to an older OS or re-install on top of a dysfunctional (older) OS. You get an error message. The problem is most likely not with your installer, but that Apple stopped “signing” their installers. Which seems to be an off-line proces…
You can try to set your computer’s date to a date within a year of the OS’s initial release date (while turning off your internet connection) during install or creation of a USB boot stick.
If that does not work, you need to re-download the needed installers. Pay attention to the warnings on this page about carefully marking the various re-downloaded installers, as they will arrive on you computer indistinguishable from each other!
Then follow the download links from below: